And I Can Cook, Too

Monday, June 04, 2007


Movin’ Out, Part Deaux

It was hard to believe that 3 months on Fletcher Road had come to an end, but it had. I woke up at my usual time (7. Yes it is. For about 3 months now. No, because then I will be in a different time zone and my body clock will be a mess. You don’t have to believe me.) and was showered and dressed by the time the removalists arrived at 8. I had moved all but my overnight bag, my computer, a couple of books, leftover nibbles from the night before and a nice bottle of wine into Ruths the day before, so all I needed to do was pack up one bag and I was ready to go. As the removalists loaded box after box into the van, I stared at the clock and realized that the 9:02 train was imminent. Carol, Louise, and I avoided each other as they concentrated on their move and I tried hard not to think about mine. At last, I could stall no more. I picked up my bag, said a swift goodbye, and ran out the door. Carol and Louise stood on the porch waving goodbye, and I tried to hide my tears as I walked away from my second home in the last 4 months.

Thank god as you do or don’t believe him or her to exist (or not) they’re coming over for dinner tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home