And I Can Cook, Too

Friday, May 18, 2007

May 10, 2007

The Party’s Over

Party time! Carol and Louise had graciously made plans for the evening so the house could be ‘mine’. I’d sent out the invitation two weeks prior with a reminder earlier in the week. Two fellow gastronomes had declined – they had plans for the upcoming break and were anxious to complete all their assignments early – but the others were coming and adding to the buffet. Or so I thought. One by one my classmates begged off, until I realized that not a single person was coming to my party. What are you gonna do? I was gonna eat as many shrimp with caponata as I could, down a few glasses of wine, and cry myself to sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    Where are you going to live, now, Kristin? I hope your friends realize what losers they are for not coming to your party. I hate it when that happens! And I'll use this occasion to say that I'll NEVER do that to you!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home