And I Can Cook, Too

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Tooth Fairy is Cheap

The bike went to Tasmania along with Carol, Louise, and the dogs, and I’d been looking to replace it with a used one. Visits to various pawn shops, cash & carry’s, and bike stores, however, were leading me to the conclusion that buying a bike was going to be out of reach. Just as I was starting to feel my thighs return to their non-bike state, my fortune turned. I was getting out of the shower when I heard a strange noise coming from the side of the house. It sounded quite suspiciously of a stranger moving the garbage and recycling bins away from the fence, lifting a large object over the fence and depositing it, and returning the bins to their proper positions. Naturally I was curious. Careful to keep the towel on my head well balanced, I tiptoed into the yard and peeked around the corner.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Nice wheels.

    Are water chestnuts actually chestnuts?

    I used your recipe for lettuce wraps and Red couldn't stop eating. Linus Paul either.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What on earth happened? How did the bike get there? It's gorgeous.
    Good for you!

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    Water chestnuts are not chestnuts. They are vegetable tubers. And quite yummy. Yay! for lettuce wraps!

    Congrats on the new duck.

    The mystery fairy is someone from improv.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger PinkJennyG said…

    You know Lance rides a Trek. Nice ride!

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    And my thighs are now every bit as tight as his. I swear. Only a trip to Australia will prove me a liar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home