And I Can Cook, Too

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Di and I carried on the following day, still determined to see the sights that South Australia has to offer. After a quick breakfast of toast and coffee, we checked out of the hotel and were off to the Sir Richard Peninsula Coastal Reserve. Along the way we stopped at the mouth of the Murray River (one of Australia’s most important waterways), and for lunch in the town of Goolwa, the first non-European slow town.

http://www.saba.org.au/cittaslow.html

Not only is it slow, it’s awfully fun to say. “Goolwa.” Go ahead, say it. You know you want to.

After lunch (which was delicious but indeed slow), we hit the peninsula for a walk on the beach. Now I’ve done some beach walking in my day, but this was different – to get to the beach we hiked over huge dunes covered in brush,




and the beach itself was covered with lovely shells and very pretty (albeit dead) jellyfish.




A two-hour walk wore us out, and after stopping to admire the





pretty birds we were on our way back to the city.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    that almost looks like the Oregon coast to me and don't you look pretty and slightly chilly in your photo. Good to see you, Kristin!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kristin - I'm a fellow gastronomy student, but doing this all online, part-time from California. We started at the same time, but I'll finish a year after you 'cause of the part-time nature of my classes. I came across your blog and just LOVE it 'cause you help me feel what it would be like to be there - as I wish I could be. Thank you for the live life-line into Adelaide and the surrounding area. I love your point of view and your quirky cheerfulness - you're upbeat even when you're down.

    -Lauren, from San Jose

     

Post a Comment

<< Home