And I Can Cook, Too

Sunday, August 12, 2007

July 29, 2007

Chef Frannie

Sister Megan’s husband was out of town for the week, and I was staying at her place in Delaware to help out with her forty-seven kids. One of the few ways I knew that I could be of assistance was to assume some responsibility for mealtimes. We raided the freezer and constructed a menu for the week that utilized things she had on hand. Sunday was Salmon night, and much to my surprise, my 7-year-old niece was keen to pitch in. She pulled a stool up to the counter, and as I supervised she slathered a one pound salmon filet with olive oil, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, painted on blue cheese dijon mustard, and topped the whole thing with seasoned bread crumbs. We popped it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, and it was done. Delicious!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Frannie has taken over all responsibility for the household cooking. Now if she could only reach the pedals to drive to the grocery …

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    Too bad we can't get her leg extensions.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    A regret about your trip to Hawaii...we couldn't get any Kristin cooking!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    I'll throw Kims party next time I swing through town!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home