And I Can Cook, Too

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday, March 3, 2007

I was hanging my laundry on the line to dry in the mid-day sun when a slight breeze arose and suddenly I was tangled in sheets, towels, and miscellaneous underwear. It occurred to me that this was the first time I'd ever hung clothes on a line in my entire adult life. The thought brought me back to my childhood in Bluffton, Ohio.

I was actively thinking of my backyard in Bluffton when I went inside to check email and saw the headline. Bluffton Colleges baseball team was travelling through Georgia when their bus went over the side of the freeway, killing six and injuring almost thirty. This is the first time Bluffton, Ohio has ever made national news.

Suddenly I'm very homesick. But where for?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home