And I Can Cook, Too

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I’m Just Walking My Dog…

After spending most of the day once again dealing with that tiny little issue of my student visa, I came home to take care of my house and pets. I watered the yard and the houseplants, and it was time to deal with the dogs. Buster and Patsy are two old Kelpies, and Patsy’s arthritis means that they sometimes appreciate separate walks. Pasty and I had a lovely journey to a nearby park, and by the time we got back, Buster was ready to go. I leashed him up, opened the gate, and we RAN to the beach as fast as my little legs could go! Upon our arrival at the beach, Buster waited patiently while I took off my shoes, sat so I could take off his leash, then bounded across the sand toward the water. Suddenly, he remembered something, and the next thing I knew there was a dog nose in my pocket. There was also a ball in my pocket. Buster and I spent the better part of an hour playing catch (Buster refused to live up to his end of the deal a couple of times which resulted in me having to wade into the crystal clear warm blue water to retrieve the ball but we talked about it and he won’t do it again), rolling in the sand, and chasing seagulls.

I could get used to that.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kim Binsted said…

    Wow, I'm glad I read this in reverse order - that way I knew it had a happy ending (or middle, at least, since I'm sure there will be more). I want a report on Kangaroo Island!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home