And I Can Cook, Too

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sept. 23, 2007

Better Living Through Chemistry

Ok, the anti-depressants have kicked in and I'm feeling much better.

In other news, I have successfully completed the coursework section of my masters program, and am now in proud possession of a Graduate Diploma in Gastronomy. It is important that we all realize that this means I'm smarter than you. No, not you, Kim, but everyone else. I have officially begun my dissertation, which is on the use of food in American sitcoms. The research is extensive and exhausting. I'll bet none of you even remember the episode of "Lucy" where Lucy tries to smuggle a 25-pound cheese back from Italy by pretending it's her child. See what I mean? Exhausting.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your Graduate Diploma! Good luck on your dessertation. Your job opportunities should be wonderful with all your new knowledge and credentials!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being a foodie living in Hawaii with an obvious sense of humor, I thought you might like "The Book of SPAM."
    thebookofspam.com

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    Way to go K!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate it when Kim is smarter than I am! But I love when the anti-depressants kick in.

    Congratulations! You deserve it.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa! Holy load-a news, there, Ms. Kristin. Congratulations all over the place.
    I think your dissertation sounds like a hoot even though it's hard to make it. Think of it as a complex recipe, perhaps?
    What happened with the original one, the one about Hawaiian foods?
    Good luck and congratulations again!!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ....did they have a ceremony? What did they serve???

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    Thanks, Janice, Tim and Lora and anonymous! Yeah, now there's that whole "job" thing to think about...

    I LOVE the Book of Spam!

    There was no ceremony. They just sort of said, "ok, you're done. See you at dissertation prep week."

    Very anti-climactic. Such is life.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kim Binsted said…

    A bit late, but - congratulations!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    Thank you Kimmy Binsted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home