And I Can Cook, Too

Friday, August 31, 2007


August 31, 2007

Bullocks!

This morning with my coffee I enjoyed the smooth deliciousness of a custard apple, a name also applied to the cherimoya and sweetsop, and also know as a “bullocks heart.” This tropical fruit is a native to South America, but is now cultivated in the West Indies, South East Asia, South Africa, and, you guessed it, South Australia. When ripe, the white flesh has custard like texture, and tastes of vanilla, cinnamon, and banana. Some people find the custard apple too sweet, but I think it’s even better than a persimmon.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    Sounds scrumptious. Now I'm craving a white wine with the taste/aroma of vanilla, cinnamon and banana. Suggestions? It also needs to have the texture of custard.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hell, I'd just like a glass of white wine, Tim, because my Dr. has me on a major hiatus over the next couple of months. Damn the liver, anyway! Damn the cholesterol meds that affect the liver and keep me away from my white wine all to hell. Thanks for listening....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home