And I Can Cook, Too

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ok, I think I’m back now. I haven’t spent the last three weeks entirely in the pit; I’ve also gone to class.

April 24, 2007

Food & Drink in Contemporary Society: Changes in Diet and Eating Habits.

Before we can analyze the reason for a change, we must first establish that a change has taken place. To do that, we must identify the conditions that were present before the change, and the conditions that are present since the change.

My eating conditions prior to February 17, 2007 were of a social nature. My eating conditions post February 17, 2007 are solo events. I do not enjoy eating as much as I did prior to February 17, 2007. Clearly, a change has taken place. A careful analysis reveals that one reason for the change is that I am almost in the South Pole and Kim in almost in the North Pole. She has Polar Bears, I have Penguins. Neither tastes good.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger Kim Binsted said…

    Welcome back!

    Granted, both of our food situations have changed significantly, but may I humbly submit that you're slightly better off than I am, food-wise? Case in point: everyone was tremendously excited when I managed to mush some Textured Vegetable Protein, dried onion, fake egg, bovril, lard and breadcrumbs into something that might vaguely resemble a hamburger to Helen Keller with her tongue cut out.

    Oh, and wine? If the yeasty grape juice in a bucket does what it's supposed to, we will have terrible wine in a few weeks. If not, we won't. Sigh.

    So, have some pork loin and Shervington for me, OK??

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kristin Van Bodegraven said…

    I am denied on the Shirvington front. The winery is out of wine. That's right, sold out of wine. Not a bottle to be had. They will have more wine in March, 2008, which I count as a valid reason to stay in Australia for my dissertation.

    Two Hands Winery, on the other hand, does have a lovely Bella's Garden...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home