And I Can Cook, Too

Sunday, January 14, 2007

July 13, 2006

So Good It Oughta Be Illegal

Getting kicked out of the Go-Go’s concert did have one positive side effect. My husband felt so guilty that he let me pick the restaurant. Big mistake. I chose Legal Seafood’s, one of Boston’s most famous, and pricey, restaurants. My husband did not blink an eye, he simply told me to get that dress back on. Seated and a cozy table in the oak paneled room, we ordered martinis and perused the menu. In an extreme breach of dining out etiquette, we both decided to get the same thing: the boiled lobster dinner. When our meals arrived we switched to Pinot Grigio and dug in. The corn on the cob was crisp and sweet, the boiled potatoes were perfectly cooked and deliciously seasoned, and the Caesar salad was crisp tender romaine hearts with an actual house made with real anchovies dressing. But the star of the meal was the Maine Lobster: sweet, melt in your mouth tender, with just a hint of the sea. My husband and I didn’t talk about anything. We were too busy eating.

Excellent Maine Lobster

See recipe for Lobster Melts. Follow until lobster has been boiling for 10-15 minutes. Do not chill. Serve whole, hot, with nutcrackers, cocktail forks, drawn butter, and lemon wedges. Wear bibs, drink wine, have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home