And I Can Cook, Too

Friday, October 13, 2006

Sunday, June 4, 2006

Sing For Your Supper

We were returning from the North Shore when we passed the lone biker bar on the 30-mile stretch of Kamehameha Highway that stands between the polo club and home. Noting that the smuggled gin and tonics consumed during the polo game had done little or nothing to impair my husbands driving ability (he claims to not have had any but I know Kim and I didn’t drink all those G&T’s by our little ol’ selves), we decided to stop at the bar for one more for the road. As we bellied up to the bar, we noticed the karaoke machine that the bartender was setting up. “Do you have a song book?” I enquired, feeling saucy and ready to rock my own world. Just then, a man sat down at the other end of the bar and also asked for a book. Within moments, the war of karaoke had begun. We matched each other song for song and I was about to call a truce when my rendition of Annie Lennox’s “Why” left the crowd demanding that I sing one more, less depressing song. After my rousing version of the Dixie Chicks “Some Days You Gotta Dance” the crowd leapt to their feet, the free drinks flowed, and I was declared the winner!

That’s how it happened. I swear.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, good to see this online!
    Do we get a repeat performance in the 'hood???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home