And I Can Cook, Too

Monday, April 17, 2006

April 4, 2006

“L” is for “Limbo”

My husband went to work the day after returning from D.C. to discover that there’d been a change of his bosses heart. His boss had decided that moving to D.C. was the worst thing my husband could do for the company. Then he decided that moving to D.C. was the best thing my husband could do for the company, but not for a year or two. Then he decided that my husband could move to D.C. as originally planned, but he would get fired in six months. Then he decided that my husband should move to D.C. sort of as originally planned, but not really, and certainly not until he, the boss, felt really good about it.

My husband came home from work to talk to the wife to whom the move had been announced as a done deal, whether she liked it or not. The wife who had started packing, acquired quotes from movers, consulted with real estate agents to determine the best date to put her house on the market, and been giving her things away to Goodwill.

Did I mention this is the same wife with whom he had very very recently reconciled after a lengthy separation?

Cocktails and therapy, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home